Thursday, May 08, 2008

Spring Has Arrived

The past few days have been glorious. Sunshine, seeds sprouting everywhere, playing in the garden, meals outdoors - ahhhhh bring on the lemonade and bbqs.

Danny has now developed chickenpox, we knew he would but we could never has guessed how bad he would get it. He is covered and my beautiful boy has sooooo many on his face and head that I want to cry when I look at him.



This picture was taken on day 3 - today is day 4 and there are so many more. Hopefully he has peaked now and things will start to improve. Amazingly, I have managed to stay very calm and not too emotional during this bout of illness (so not like me - I usually lose it at the first sign of a sniffle). I am wondering if my healthy diet and exercise is helping my state of mind. I am feeling very calm right now - life is great. We have a calender full of things happening this summer and our holiday is just around the corner. My body is responding to the exercise and bits that I feared might be destined to be flabby forever are pulling themselves back into place - people always say that you can't get your belly flat again after a c-section (and I have had two) - I'm determined to prove that wrong though and am aiming for a girly 6 pack (you've gotta aim high!) and arms and thighs like Madonna's (not likely).

So as you see, I am on track to a healthy mind and body and with so many exciting things in the pipeline - I'm on a high.

p.s has anyone who reads this ever been on a River Cottage event or course? I love the River Cottage ethos, in my own little way I do my bit - we eat seasonally, organic where possible, dig the local farmers markets and grow a few bits in the garden. I think the day courses and events at River Cottage sound fab but I do wonder if I would be a little out of my depth surrounded by either full on hippy/earth mother types or the opposite more dreadful thought - posh ladies who have nothing better to do than go and meet that lovely Hugh fella. Thoughts and experiences would be most welcome!

No comments: