Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Gratitude

After my last post I received several emails from people who understand my current mood. Ladies who I respect and who's friendship is invaluable (even though one of you I have never met!)

Once again I feel humbled to know such great women (and it's not just because you agree with me! lol).

I have met so many amazing women recently and blogging is a part of that, so that is the reason that I continue to blog -in answer to C's question.

I am starting a gratitude journal to take stock of my life and to help the process mentioned in the last post, ie living a slower and a more present life. This will be a private and hand written journal. Something that I hope for my children to read in years to come. Another way of showing them my love for them, for life and for what is and was important to me.

To kick it off I thought I would share today's 'Things to be grateful for'

* My children
* My husband, who expects nothing from me and appreciates everything I do
* My home and the fact that we have a lovely garden in which the children played all afternoon
* That we live in a beautiful area, surrounded by trees and grass
* For a community where even a trip to the supermarket ends up in a chat with friends, play for the children and meeting new and lovely people
* For being able to afford good food and being able to eat together as a family outside in the sunshine
* For my health - tomorrow I have to spend a portion of the day in hospital, having blood tests and xrays but none of it is major and will be sorted out swiftly

Not bad for a 'boring' old Wednesday. In fact when I look back at every little thing we have done today, it has been amazing. To see Lilly playing with ants (I know a little odd), watering her growing vegetables and playing with other children, to see Daniel playing in sand for the first time, to see the pleasure he got from 'writing' with chalk and to see them giggle together - well today has been the best day yet and just think - tomorrow will be even better!

No comments: