Friday, March 14, 2008

Spring Cleaning Fever

Photobucket


It's official. Spring Cleaning is beginning. My housekeeping box is stocked and ready to follow me everywhere as I get into all those nooks and crannies. It's lovely. I love how a room feels after a good spring clean, It almost sparkles and gleams at you.

My Spring Cleaning follows quite a long drawn out process and will take me several weeks to complete but as they say if a job's worth doing it's worth doing well.

I have started with de-cluttering. Approx 6 bin bags of stuff have already left the house to various charity shops and recycling centres and there is still more to clear. This is such an important step - you can't clean properly if there is clutter.

Then each room needs to cleaned in a methodical manner starting at the ceiling and ending with floorboards.

All cupboards will be emptied and restocked, discarding along the way.

I will be starting the BIG CLEAN next week and will put my step by step process on here as I go. C'mon clean along with me!!! I don't want to be alone and we can be all smug together in a months time when our houses gleam and wink at us.

But first...... more decluttering. I still have several rooms to do - children's rooms and half of the conservatory and then I'll be ready to start. Crack out the rubber gloves we're going in...............

EDIT - I am working on a new blogging project which will appear soon, therefore the spring cleaning plan won't appear here as there will be a new home for that kind of thing. IF you still want to clean along with me - message me and I can email my daily plan direct to you.

No comments: