Friday, March 07, 2008

Eggcellent

Photobucket

As I have been saying, things have taken a real turn around these parts recently. Not only am I rediscovering the joys of homecooking and am taking my housework to a new level of bliss but I have recently started being a bit crafty too.

Not only have I been making decorations, teaching myself some crochet, and taking part in some international gift swapping (I am currently buying gifts for a buddhist, vegan man in Brazil - no joke!!!!) I have also been trying to learn how to sew. I am not at all talented at this kind of thing but I am so interested in teaching myself new skills. Yesterday I completed my very first items. The pictured egg cosies above. Now, I know they are a little big and a little wonky but they do look so cute when all lined up together and our Easter breakfast table will look lovely with them keeping our eggs warm. I showed them to Lilly this morning and she kissed me and said "thank you for making those Mummy". I feel very proud of myself and things can only improve with practice.

I'll be opening my own cottage business before you know it - anyone want a dress running up?

No comments: