Monday, March 17, 2008

The Luckiest Woman Alive

Well, today is my birthday. It's not something that I was looking forward to particularly as I am approaching THE BIG ONE at high speed now and it is just not funny.

Although, I did have the loveliest day ever today. Firstly I spent two hours in bed with my gorgeous family. I was smothered with kisses, jumped on, cuddled, dribbled on and given fabulous gifts. The perfect morning.

I then received more phone calls and text messages than I though possible and the lovely man from Ocado arrived with my croissants.

After a very lovely morning of hanging out in my pjs and getting a visit from my sis in law, we went out for lunch.

The kids were fab as usual (although Danny boy is getting rather vocal for posh venues - luckily we were having pizza!)

After a spot of shopping we came home to chill. A constant procession of friends and family arrived all afternoon, which was lovely. I received so many gorgeous gifts and am just overwhelmed by how fab my mates are. Several of them had made a super special effort to seek out my most favourite things and I feel so lucky to have these wonderful women as my friends.

The children are now in bed and I am about to look at some beautiful books that I received today, I have drunk far too wine today and eaten more food than is decent but hey it's my birthday and old birds like me deserve a treat.

To all my lovely friends and family - thank you - I love you all and feel truly blessed to have you in my life! Cheers!!!!

1 comment:

Emma said...

You deserve it!!