Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Well I Never

Those who know me well know that in my heart I am a champagne girl (even though I have a chardonnay budget). I love a glass or two of the good stuff whenever the opportunity arises. I think Lilly's birthday will be the next occasion! If anyone has any good sources for well priced bubbles please let me know.

Thought I would share a champagne related bit of trivia with you. Next time you order a bottle of Moet et Chandon in a bar or restaurant, make sure you are pronouncing it correctly. Most people say Mo-ay but this incorrect. The correct pronunciation is 'mo-ette' but when you say that people think that you are a wally. Jean Remy Moet was Dutch not French as most people assume.

Therefore it is funny that when the script writers for 'Only Fools And Horses' tried to make Del Boy look stupid by getting him to pronounce the T in Moet, it turned out he was one of the few people who actually got it right.

Just thought I would share.

No comments: