Monday, December 11, 2006

Talk Talk Talk

The Princess' language evolution is relentless. last night we were watching some video footage from a year ago, her language was restricted to simple one word object identification. Today it's a collection of thoughts, feelings, observations, consideration of consequences and mimicry.

It makes me proud and it completely blows my mind.

Being able to witness firsthand how a child develops is probably the most amazing thing I will ever do with my life. The fact that every single parent in the world has or is experiencing the same miracle doesn't diminish it for me at all.

I know have said it time and time again but she completes our lives and amazes us every day. We are going to have another baby in April and the thought of watching another person find their way in the world like the Princess is doing is really exciting - we are so lucky to be experiencing this and I try never to take a single moment for granted.

Speaking of the current pregnancy, something happened this week and I have grown enormous - really enormous. So much so that I was really scared of just how big I might actually get by the end. We looked back on the photos of my belly from the 2004 pregnancy though and it appears that I ballooned at 20 weeks then too, so this must be a big growth week - scared very scared.

No comments: