Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Tears In The Night

This morning at 4am the Princess started to cry. Properly cry. We were close to going to her rescue when the crying stopped and we heaved a stereo sigh of relief and turned back to our dreams.

On waking this morning the Princess' first words were "I was crying in the night". Upon questioning she said that she had seen a TV programme in which a baby was crying and it had made her sad in her dreams. Now, I have no idea what programme this was as we watched very little TV yesterday but she is going to have to get used to baby crys.

She is talking about babies a lot now, maybe because my belly is getting so much bigger and more obvious. She seems to be slowly coming round to the fact that it might be a boy, but it still doesn't thrill her as 'boys don't like pink'!!!!

Speaking of my belly, after my last preganancy it took me two years to get back into a reasonable size/shape as I believed the propaganda which tells you that breastfeeding takes you back to your original size - c**p!

I always said that if I was ever pregnant again, I would never let myself get as big and I would be one of those yummy mummies who stay their normal size with just a bump bolted onto the front - it's not happening. Some people obviously just get fat when preggo and I am one of them. I am not over eating and am much more active this time but the weight is piling on. I hate to think how I will look by the end.

Oh well, by the time I am 40 I might be skinny, sexy and getting some sleep!!!!

No comments: