Monday, November 20, 2006

Another Bad Night..

Therefore too much time to think about curious things.

The Princess has another cold (I may have mentioned this 10,000 times already). My glorious, happy, smiling little princess is a inconsolable, feverish, snotty ball of misery and I am not happy either.

I am annoyed for two reasons. One: She gets colds too often and where other kids seem to shake them off we have to cope with fevers and this is incredibly scary when you have a child who has had fits caused by fever and usually ends up in hospital. Two: Why does she get soooo ill when she was exclusively breastfed?

I have done loads of reading on the subject and there is no doubting that all evidence points to the fact that breast is best and apart from producing intelligent, kind, perfectly rounded human beings (or something like that) AND their immune systems should be fantastic.

So why can't the princess cope with even a cold without descending into full out illness? She picks up every bug going and suffers more than most other kids.

When bambino 2 arrives I fully intend to breastfeed, as I found the whole experience of feeding the princess not only gratifying personally (nothing like knowing that YOU are making this little person grow) but a totally grounding and beautiful experience - but am I going to do it to build up immunity? No! as it seems that this has absolutely no bearing on how the princess has ended up.

Anyway, enough of my moaning for one day. Lets hope we can get over this one soon and then I think I may lock her in the house away from all germs until May! (joke)

No comments: