Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Things I Said That I Would Never Do

Buy jars of baby food ( I was going to make ALL of my own)

Let my baby eat something in the supermarket that I hadn't yet paid for

Let my baby watch ANY tv in the first year

Let her crawl in a public place

Buy too many toys

Buy ridiculous amounts of clothes

Let her sleep with the same teddy every night

Talk abut babies/baby stuff constantly

Let myself get fat

Let anything non-nutritious pass her lips

The list goes on and on and on............

and of course I have managed to break every rule on the list in the first year- well done me!

What I have learnt is that you can't learn anything at all from a book as every single baby/toddler is completely different and if you try to follow the 'norm' it will drive you just a little bit crazy.

No comments: