Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Maybe, I Should Put Up My Sails

I had an email sent to me recently that I have only just had time to read, it has made me think about the pressures that I am putting on myself and that maybe I should take some time to see where I should be going.

I will paste a couple of paragraphs to try to explain....

God's Breezes are blowing all around us. When we put up our sails we will catch His Breeze. But when we are stuck in our perfectionism; thinking that weknow best; we don't have time to put up our sails up. This is when wecan miss some of the most wonderful directional Breezes in our lives. Here is the problem. Because we think we don't have time(perfectionism) we don't put up our sails. When we refuse to go whereGod is guiding us; we are saying that we can pilot our little boatsbetter than He can. Do you see this for what it is; A lack of faith inGod and more faith in our own abilities. I have a dear friend that used to be so rigid with her time schedulethat she would not take even five minutes to take a walk with afriend. All she did was push, push and push harder to make herselfwork more at her job. She did not want any help and did not delegateat all. I volunteered to help her and it was hard for her to evenaccept my gift. Was it because she didn't think I could do it. NO! Itwas because she didn't have time to tell me what needed to be done.This did not fit into her schedule. Do you see how sad this is? Herperfectionism was keeping her from accepting the help that would makeher life easier. Eventually I backed away. You can only offer so often and then youhave to quit because this is not where God wants you. No amount of myasking was going to make her put up her sails and accept the Breezethat God was sending our direction.

When you hear yourself saying I don't have time; I want you to stopright then and there and listen to what you are really saying. I don'thave time because I am in control of my little boat. God does not knowwhat He is doing. One day the Breezes will stop and you will be deadin the water or worse yet beached on some desert island because youwould not allow God's Breeze to guide you! Let's Catch those Breezes Together!

I was meant to read that email today.

This probably makes no sense to you, but it really does to me!

No comments: