Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Long Time No Blog

It's been a while and lots has happened.

We spent Easter in Ely and had a lovely time with Lilly's Grandparents. It would have been perfect if it hadn't been for Lilly getting another chest infection and the temperature to go with it. We had to spend much of the Bank Holiday Monday either driving to find a doctor in some wild west village or waiting for the pharmacy to open or sponging (sp?) down a very grumpy baby to keep her temperature from going skywards. Not much fun! I hate this part of being a parent, it's so terrifying to see your little chatterbox turn into a limp little noodle. Anyway, antibiotics are now doing their job and we have the 'old' Lilly back again - hurray!

Lilly is also teething so we are also having trouble feeding her and getting her to take her milk but I'm hoping that this will only last a day or two.

All this makes me feel very inadequate, am I good enough at this being a Mum game? I find it hard to find the time to clean my teeth sometimes - how do other people do it? (Maybe they don't spend 10 mins writing a blog!!!!!) I'm also really hard on Tony - I expect too much from him. He too is exhausted from working hard and trying to be super Dad, but I still want him to do all the DIY jobs, get the garden landscaped, help me with Lilly and take us out for some fun. All of this on top of doing his normal job (which is more demanding than most to start with!).

In short I am on a downer but don't worry I WILL pull myself out of it. I know that it is just tiredness. Every time I blog something like this I get friends thinking that I need to 'see' someone. Honest, I'm ok - sometimes it just makes me feel a bit better to write this stuff down. I can then laugh at it next week when I'm on a high again!

On a happier note, on our way back from Ely we stopped at Ikea Lakeside. We only wanted two items but ended up with 21 and a plate of swedish meatballs each - love it!!!!

Ok, off to shower now - it's only 11am not bad!

No comments: