Sunday, January 13, 2008

Breast Get It Over With

My baby no longer wants to breastfeed, not sure why - teeth? the pain killers I am on? Who knows!

This morning though he drained a cup full of formula milk, not sure if that was because of extreme thirst (he only had 2ozs before bed the previous night) or if he is telling us that he no longers requires my boobs.

So, we're on the cusp stopping the breastfeeding completely. If bedtime is a success tonight (in about 15 mins time) that will be it - no more breast milk - if he refuses the formula then who knows.....

Dan's world is expanding, and mine is shrinking.

I am very sad that this part of our relationship is coming to an end. It signifies that my baby is growing up very fast.

I adore breastfeeding, I love the primal physicality of growing a life and nurturing it, of nourishing my child and make him strong. I love that there is something that I can do for my child that NO-ONE else can do, I love the closeness and the bond it has created between us.

It is such a privilege, for which I will always be grateful. I will have no more children and so will never experience this again.

I will cherish this special time that I have shared with my children and remember the feeling for the rest of my life.

No comments: