Sunday, December 30, 2007

So, how was it for you?

We have had a lovely time, after weeks of planning, cooking, buying, wrapping and decorating - everything happened and went beautifully. New traditions were started, much food was eaten, Santa brought all the perfect toys and we were with family and friends - perfect. Apart from the kids being crook but hey you can't have it all.

We are so lucky to receive all the gifts we did but where are we going to put all this new stuff! Our house is modest but not tiny but it's not a tardis either and something will have to give if we are to fit it all in. Three bin bags of toys have already made their way to a charity shop and there will be more to follow.

I love Christmas decorations, candles and glitz.

But now that Christmas is over, it just looks like clutter and is just something else to dust. I am craving clear empty surfaces.

Aaah, the scent of Christmas candles!

But the smell is making me nauseous, we had one lit all afternoon today and I am offically sick of the smell of spices, pine and gingerbread. I'm looking to Spring and the smell of clean washing, fresh from the line, of daffodils and the fragrance of cold winter walks on my babies' cheeks.

I am craving space and cleanliness, I am craving a fresh start, the New Year and all the good stuff it will bring.

We still have too much food in the house, friends came over today and helped make a small dent in the food mountain but we still have to plough through tons more. I feel like I might burst and all I desire now is fresh fruit, fresh veg and gallons of water.

I can't bring myself to throw good food away, so looks like Tony's work colleagues will be getting a whole lot of chocolate some time soon.

Tomorrow is New Years Eve. Bring it on I say - I'm ready for you and am very excited at the prospect of doing some stuff differently in 2008 - I hope for lots of things in the coming months but mostly just to make life more simple and enjoy every moment as I now realise just how lucky I am.

No comments: