Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Good News Bad News

This week has seen me enter the 25th week of pregnancy, baby is now officially 'viable' - which basically means that if born now he or she would have roughly a 56% chance of survival. Each day that passes makes baby bigger and stronger and gets those all important lungs finished off. I visited the midwife today and all is as it should be so for now I can relax and enjoy the pregnancy.

The bad news is that today I dared to weigh myself. TWO STONE heavier than 6 months ago!!! That is scary. I promised myself that I wouldn't be such a bloater with this pregnancy but unfortunately it looks like I am going to be just as mammoth as I was in 2004.

I am going to try to eat a bit healthier but to be honest I think this is just how I do pregnant (not helped by a bit of Christmas overindulgence).

Going baby shopping htis weekend to start picking up a few bits that we need to get new. Luckily we did keep a lot of stuff from baby no 1 but it's amazing how much stuff still needs to be bought. Three mattresses for a start (carrycot, crib and cot) as this cannot be reused from last time and then there's stuff like a buggyboard and some new bedding, change mat etc etc not that I am complaining baby shopping is the best kind of shopping!

No comments: