Thursday, June 08, 2006

Sunshine and Holidays

Well, summer has arrived with full force.

The Princess is loving it. She really loves being outdoors and so the fact that she spends every minute of the day out in the sun makes for a very happy girl (and Mummy). This afternoon we are even getting the paddling pool out - woohoo!!

The warm sun makes me long for a foreign holiday, it seems ages since we felt the mediterranean (sp?)sun on our backs to warm up our cold English bones. We do have a couple of holidays left this year which I am very excited about (Cornwall and Holland) but the call of warmer climes is getting stronger.

There are loads of things to take into consideration though. My first thought was a camp site in France, Holland or Germany. There would be loads to do, we would have the freedom of our self catering accommodation and food for the Princess wouldn't be an issue.

Then, I think about Spain (Puerto Banus in particular) and the long hot days, the glam bars and trendy shops and then I come to my senses and realise that we are now parents and holidays are no longer what they once were. I think this option would be boring for the Princess and I wouldn't relax for putting sun lotion on her skin every 15 minutes and staying in a hotel isn't really a great option as I like to be able to come and go as we please and be able to get in from the sun if we desire.

There are other options, such as villas in more relaxed locations but to be totally honest I think our family would be BORED as most nice, good quality villas seem to be out of the main towns, and I really need bars, restaurants and a lively atmosphere. Sitting alone in a quiet villa is not our idea of a great holiday (although I know loads of people who would find this really relaxing)- we are still party people in our blood and so need to see and be with people. That said, I would hate to take the Princess to a typical 'English' resort where every bar has tvs showing either football or Only Fools and Horses and happy hour lasts all day. You know the kind of places, you've probably been there - we have!


So, if anyone has any great ideas for family holidays - let me know.

No rush, mind you - as I said we still have two holidays this year to look forward to!

No comments: