Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Toddler and TV Part II

We are doing really well with the no TV rule. The Princess gets to watch Noddy in the morning whilst having her milk and cereal and then that's it. The TV goes off and we switch on the radio.

The Princess has not missed the TV for one second and although I have on a couple of occasions been tempted to turn it on for a ten minute 'stress' break, I have held out and found other ways to occupy her. I admit it isn't always easy but I think it will pay off in the long term.

Now, I know that the weather forecast for the rest of the week is terrible but I am officially declaring Spring has arrived to our little corner of the world. There are buds and bulbs sprouting up everywhere. The evenings are now noticably lighter - we can even go to the park after tea in the light if we so wish. AND I have spring cleaning fever. Today we started doing little bits of tidying in the garden and the Princess helped me to sweep the drive and clean the front door down.

This morning the Princess has been an endless source of fun - 'helping' me with the spring cleaning, hiding in cupboards, doing hundreds of laps of our drive with her baby in it's pushchair and doing endless pictures of Tigger (he's a special friend you know). What ever will she have in store for me this afternoon?????

No comments: