Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Miffy News


Image hosting by Photobucket



I don't think we will be visiting Holland this year but when we next take a trip, we have to take a look here.

It sounds like a fab museum which has childrens height exhibits underneath the adult height ones. It's also really close to where our family live, so we will be making a trip just as soon as we can.

To those who don't know Miffy (or Nijnjte as she is known in her native land) was 50 last year and the artist who draws her, Dick Bruna, is still creating new stories and drawing her daily. He is now 78 and still drawing the little rabbit who started life as a story to entertain his son in the summer of 1955.

In an interview with the Guardian they asked if he had now perfected Miffy to which he replied "No, I'm going to try and do better today, tomorrow. I just try to make a nice shape, the nicest Miffy I can."

And the Princess and I think he is doing a great job.

No comments: