Wednesday, November 23, 2005

What Is Happening To Me??????

I'm becoming a sensible Mother and Housewife - NEVER *I hear you cry* but it's true.

I am finding myself making soup, planning meals and organising cupboards - and loving it!

I have a freezer inventory pinned up (why had I never thought of that before?) and am setting up so many routines that I scare myself.

Obviously, having the princess does mean that life is very ad-lib most of the time but these routines are helping me from drowning in a sea of chores (is that possible?)

The past couple of days our newspaper has been printing extracts from a, soon to be republished, 1949 housework book - I have found this disturbingly exciting and have even been looking at tips from the National Trust Manual of Housekeeping (at £49 a bit steep for use in our modern 3 bed house!!!)

Anyway, must dash off and prepare a cosy sitting room and delicious (and nutritious)meal for my hard working husband.

No comments: