Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Today was MMR day.........

We spent a lovely morning/lunch with friends and then at 3pm we had the dreaded MMR. It went as expected. Very loud screams and lots of tears, but the nurse provided a chocolate button which helped just a little bit. She then fell asleep as soon as we got home. We now have to wait to see if (what do I mean 'if'?) we have any reactions. These should show themselves in about 10 days to 3 weeks.

Of course I will be checking that she is still developing and making eye conatct like the obsessive that I am. I wish I could be more laid back about it but this is my beautiful baby girl and I would never forgive myself if 'the worst' did happen. I know all the facts and I even had a chat with the doctor today to try to help with our fears. Intellectually I know that the chances are minimal but still.........

No comments: